CALVARY DISTINCTIVES #StrongerTogether
1. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such but we are in doctrinal agreement with, in fellowship with, and mutually supportive of fellow Calvary Chapels around the world.
2. We rejoice that there is one true Church, founded on Christ Himself and is made up of born again believers in Christ from various denominations, despite non-essential differences in style, approach, and cultural preferences.
3. We believe that the truth and essential doctrines for the Church are found only in the Word or God, taught by Christ, and given the Apostles.
4. We believe that Calvary Chapel Richmond, and every church, has an individual mission within the larger Church but that we are to work collaboratively with our brothers and sisters to bring the gospel to our community and the world.
5. We are grateful for the diversity of people, cultures, nations, and languages that God has placed within our community and it is both a blessing and our prayer that God continues to blend us as one united family under the Lordship of Jesus.
6. We believe worship and understanding of God begins with His Word and is conveyed in the entirety of scripture. Therefore, the teaching and preaching of the Word of God is central to all we do and why we primarily go verse-by-verse through the books of the Bible in our sanctuary services.
7. We believe in orderly worship but led by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
8. We believe worship should be inspirational and as the scriptures teach, both in songs and praise. Therefore, we give a significant place to music in our worship.
9. We are committed to a strong children’s ministry to assist parents in biblical training but also allowing adults and adolescents a time set apart for learning.
10. We believe worship of God is fruitful. Therefore, we look to grow as disciples of Christ, in our love for the Lord, for one another, and the world around us.